Re: [Xen-users] Xen Cloud Platform Problem

To: inas mohamed <inas_2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Cloud Platform Problem
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:41:46 -0400
Cc: Chris Petrolino <cpetrolino@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:43:11 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from :date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=bJRaB/+BiKHGXctqIj2ayD6tH5FZK2Zxt0HY6NumB5o=; b=Kefu/itrwrKJHe3+1FqEPTIQ6gOQzrBrnAzEQlEa/qZFqZwGmReP2RdB2RbpSUg60R ni08a3dzpOk563LuYJ36Y8JznlBJnJReIjjf3bP4JwBKmO9hCgXM6U70k6gTZjQppLpn JFDLjjrQhNOm3edd8SoBLRLubhnQbvlk9KpQ0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:15 AM, inas mohamed <inas_2003@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks so much for replying, and yes I am using XCP 0.5 . Is this a problem
> in XCP 0.5 and I observed that ovs-vswitchd is using too much memory (more
> than 50% from top command) and it makes the CPU usage reached to 100%. I
> don't know what is this daemon? and is it the problem if yes how to solve
> this problem.

ovs-vswitchd is the Open vSwitch daemon. This handles the networking
on the XCP system.

To diagnose your general problem, you going to want to look through
the logs and use monitoring tools to figure out what is going on.

For example /var/log/xensource.log, /var/log/messages. Use the built
in monitoring in XCP if you have the XenTools installed and can use
OpenXenManager or XenCenter to view the graphs. You can also use top
within the VMs that you expect potential problems. You may want to
setup a monitoring tool that watches at the network level such as
nagios, cacti, etc.

Hope that helps.

You may want to consider setting up a text box with XCP 1.0 or higher
to see if you can reproduce the condition there as well.

--
Todd Deshane
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deshantm