Re: [Xen-users] Xen + SAN

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:17 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> However it's also the only filesystem that I know of that can
>> use SSD to speed up both read and write. It's something that LVM/ext4
>> can't do. So it just might be able to offset performance penalty of
>> zfs + nfs + file-based-image.
>
> there are a few SSD cache projects for
> Linux(https://github.com/facebook/flashcache,
> http://bcache.evilpiepirate.org/,
> http://users.cis.fiu.edu/~zhaom/dmcache/index.html), these operate at
> block level, accelerating any block device.

Cool, thanks for the link :D

The comment seems a little discouraging though: "Bcache looks like
it's about ready for non critical use". That's about the same state as
btrfs or zfsonlinux is currently in (both of which I use mostly for
dev purposes btw).

If you have more experience with bcache (whether good or bad) let us know.

--
Fajar