Re: [Xen-users] Large XCP Deployments

To: jgpsilver2011@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Large XCP Deployments
From: Peter Phaal <peter.phaal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:58:43 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:00:20 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=6ahH75mu/wVrznbgdrrXPnFltk3+WuLGEKDsMHcdgjI=; b=JHBCAoMpLkRLpYWY3eqPBME0MjOf8dV9VXtohM6s+P34CcBOI6JP5jG1rtXEu9U9zF LW8uy/GmOtnDYHBlrhgGC9HwcGsgq3GwNaJtk1JF3qh6hrguCyxZTNVSagsMWRN4CPo4 yD/fi8Jd7djMnuVtWryGg98DRgSROCm61iES0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM,  <jgpsilver2011@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity how are you guys doing large deployments of
> XCP? I made a post yesterday about PXE booting XCP and apparently
> right now that's not an option so I would assume people are
> kickstarting installs and modifying vanilla isntalls into XCP
> nodes. I know OpenStack's OpenCompute is set to address some of
> this but it's role in large-scale XCP deployments is also a bit
> unclear to me at this very early stage of my research. I have read
> about it's project management features, user groups, and addressing
> however I'm still confused about it's practical use for large-scale
> deployments.
>

> If anyone has any insight into scaled deployments I would
> appreciate hearing from you.

The Crowbar project looks like it is tackling OpenStack installation:
http://robhirschfeld.com/tag/crowbar/