[Xen-users] Problem with remus at installing Xen 4.0.0

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Erick Gomez Miranda <kcire_goku_gm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem with remus at installing Xen 4.0.0
From: Antonio Castañeda Colín <dftonywhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 17:39:18 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:40:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Hello everyone,

I've been struggling to install Xen 4.0.1 from source on Xen Server FP1,
this is due to the lack of the latter of remus as high availability and fault
tolerance tool, so I need it and want to install it... but I see no other way than
recompiling and installing xen hypervisor from source...

Though it's been a hard task and it's still giving many problems at times,
most have been package-dependency related issues.
Well, I have managed to solve all of them finally and have successfully
installed remus as a complementary tool for xen server:

While running remus #remus ... it ends up with the following:

 [root@dhcppc27 ~]# remus
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/remus", line 10, in ?
    from xen.remus import save, vm
ImportError: No module named remus
[root@dhcppc27 ~]#

I've tried to provide remus with the probably missing paths and reconfiguring its Makefile
but have not succeeded, even rewriting some environment variables but didn't work
either.

If anyone has gone through this and has a solution, or else tested remus and thus
knows another installation procedure for it, I'd be really grateful for you support
on this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Anthony.