Re: [Xen-devel] Re: VGA passthrough on unstable

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: VGA passthrough on unstable
From: Gennady Marchenko <gennady.marchenko@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:27:36 +0400
Cc: Liwei <xieliwei@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:28:41 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=W610yaeOGzlWb/vUBa1icV4+TljSya8zOObbhqiTJ8Q=; b=RNxetC8zD7nAOVIilqnaN+XhEr4pXy7pvJYQ8w88IB9yE7towOLYF7FAdrYeLVMm5m KHImUr7ty4ZYkBXffuwggDFeE8HNDtN2trcdPNTxANBLhkJtRL5cpVWwWgZab7gbl1r2 zQ26175pAWxFoMBrSvfnXXbFMMoAF5ProkoJ8=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Liwei,

Thanks a lot for big report. I saw a some messages where users told about wrong bios load when they load pri gfx with gfx_passthrough = 0 and several problems, as example - no any accelerate in video out at all. Have you checked it with gfx_passthrough = 1? The result are same? I saw your last message where with adapt vbars but first try to write correct memory range to the sources from my lspci:

        Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [disabled] [size=256M]
        Memory at febc0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=128K]
        I/O ports at e000 [disabled] [size=256]
        Expansion ROM at feba0000 [disabled] [size=128K]

 was bad (can't compile the sources), I will check it now again.

And I saw the patch with autodetect BARs (Pasi looked at it below: http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-12/txtNwRlN3jloS.txt ) but I can't apply this patch on current ustable. If you have a little time, take a look at it please mayb you so smart to adapt it...

Gennady.

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:35:25PM +0800, Liwei wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I've made some progress after manually editing dsdt.asl to reserve
> my card's memory ranges based on lspci,

Hello,

Did you take a look at this patch? http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-12/msg00705.html
It supports dynamic detection of BARs and might help you (if you're not using it already).

-- Pasi