[Xen-users] xenconsole help.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xenconsole help.
From: Ciaran Kendellen <ciaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:09:05 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:09:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

Having installed 2x XCP hosts and added them to a resource pool, configured
shared storage and generally got ready for operations, I'm currently
struggling to see anything meaningful of my VM's!!!

I started installing centos form template, but couldn't connect to the
instance that (successfully) created to complete installation, so, on the
suggestion of a user here, I've imported the xvp appliance, but can't connect
to the console to complete the config.

I'm getting :

xenconsole: could not read tty from store: no such file or directory

Now, a cursory google of the above message generally seems to tell me
xenconsoled is not running, but I've tried running it again, and verified its
running by :

[root@xen01 ~]# ps ax | grep xenconsoled
 6448 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/sbin/xenconsoled

But still no joy!

Anybody got any ideas on what I should try next? I've checked what I've found
to be the usual suspects and just can not make my way past this first vital
step, so I can actually connect to the VMs I create and can complete
installations etc.

If it helps, the params of the appliance I'm trying to connect to follows.

Many thanks!

Ciaran.

                    name-label ( RW): xvpappliance
              name-description ( RW): Xen VNC Proxy Appliance
                  user-version ( RW): 1
                 is-a-template ( RW): false
                 is-a-snapshot ( RO): false
                   snapshot-of ( RO): <not in database>
                     snapshots ( RO):
                 snapshot-time ( RO): 19700101T00:00:00Z
                 snapshot-info ( RO):
                        parent ( RO): <not in database>
                      children ( RO):
             is-control-domain ( RO): false
                   power-state ( RO): running
                 memory-actual ( RO): 268435456
                 memory-target ( RO): <expensive field>
               memory-overhead ( RO): 4194304
             memory-static-max ( RW): 268435456
            memory-dynamic-max ( RW): 268435456
            memory-dynamic-min ( RW): 268435456
             memory-static-min ( RW): 16777216
              suspend-VDI-uuid ( RO): <not in database>
                  VCPUs-params (MRW):
                     VCPUs-max ( RW): 1
              VCPUs-at-startup ( RW): 1
        actions-after-shutdown ( RW): Destroy
          actions-after-reboot ( RW): Restart
           actions-after-crash ( RW): Restart
                 console-uuids (SRO): 1b361d75-5acf-2016-805f-37cca4dab44e
                      platform (MRW): nx: false; acpi: true; apic: true; pae:
true; viridian: true
            allowed-operations (SRO): changing_dynamic_range; pool_migrate;
changing_VCPUs_live; suspend; hard_reboot; hard_shutdown; clean_reboot;
clean_shutdown; pause; checkpoint; snapshot

            current-operations (SRO):

            blocked-operations (MRW):

           allowed-VBD-devices (SRO): <expensive field>

           allowed-VIF-devices (SRO): <expensive field>

                possible-hosts ( RO): <expensive field>

               HVM-boot-policy ( RW):

               HVM-boot-params (MRW): order:

         HVM-shadow-multiplier ( RW): 1.000

                     PV-kernel ( RW):

                    PV-ramdisk ( RW):

                       PV-args ( RW):

                PV-legacy-args ( RW):

                 PV-bootloader ( RW): pygrub

            PV-bootloader-args ( RW):
           last-boot-CPU-flags ( RO):
              last-boot-record ( RO): <expensive field>
                   resident-on ( RO): a8fa813f-ffd5-4083-8b7f-c5edde895412
                      affinity ( RW): <not in database>
                  other-config (MRW): last_shutdown_time: 20110426T12:57:37Z;
last_shutdown_action: Restart; last_shutdown_initiator: external;
last_shutdown_reason: rebooted; disable_pv_vnc: 1; import_task:
OpaqueRef:bac73e23-0444-63c0-4f61-49eed83da26f; mac_seed: 86439420-4d5f-1605-
b433-4e66d52c439f; linux_template: true; install-repository:
http://192.168.12.3/dvd; machine-address-size: 36; rhel5: true; install-
methods: cdrom,nfs,http,ftp
                        dom-id ( RO): 3
               recommendations ( RO): <restrictions><restriction field="memory-
static-max" max="34359738368" /><restriction field="vcpus-max" max="8"
/><restriction property="number-of-vbds" max="7" /><restriction
property="number-of-vifs" max="7" /></restrictions>
                 xenstore-data (MRW):
                 ha-always-run ( RW): false
           ha-restart-priority ( RW):
                         blobs ( RO):
                    start-time ( RO): 20110426T12:58:06Z
                  install-time ( RO): 19700101T00:00:00Z
                  VCPUs-number ( RO): 1
             VCPUs-utilisation (MRO): <expensive field>
                    os-version (MRO): name: CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
(xvpappliance 1.9.1-1); uname: 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5xen; distro: centos; major:
5; minor: 5
            PV-drivers-version (MRO): major: 5; minor: 5; micro: 0; build:
25727
         PV-drivers-up-to-date ( RO): true
                        memory (MRO):
                         disks (MRO):
                      networks (MRO):
                         other (MRO): platform-feature-multiprocessor-suspend:
1
                          live ( RO): true
    guest-metrics-last-updated ( RO): 20110426T12:59:49Z
                   cooperative ( RO): <expensive field>
             protection-policy ( RW): <not in database>
         is-snapshot-from-vmpp ( RO): false
                          tags (SRW):