Re: [Xen-users] XCP and Openfiler as the storage

On 04/06/11 19:38, Eduardo Bragatto wrote:
On Apr 6, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Eduardo Bragatto
<eduardo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello FG,

sorry to bring up this question again, but I'm really curious about
the fact
the LUN might be accessed by more than one hypervisor at the same time.

Did you encounter the any problems like I described below?

Best regards,
Eduardo

How do you access the same LUN from different hypervisors, without
corruption?

AFAIK, you can if you use a shared filesystem on top of the LUN, like GFS.

FG was kind enough to answer me in private but it's still not clear to
me how he is doing it. If he doesn't answer here I will update the
thread later with the information he might provide.

Best regards,
Eduardo

Just jumping in here and I might have smissed some info, but accessing the same LUN from different hypervisors is no problem whatsoever. It's like a SCSCI drive that can be connected to several hosts (yes, a SCCSI bus can be shared by several machines). The thing though is that only one hypervisor should actively use it and write to it.
We do this and access is regulated by clustering software.

Rgds,

B.