Re: [Xen-users] Clustering

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Clustering
From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 15:20:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 07:21:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 06/04/2011 15:14, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have an idea for setting up a virtualisation cluster, where the raw CPU power assigned to each DomU could be split across multiple physical servers.

Does such a solution already exist? This would be fantastic for a "premimum" VPS hosting solutions where customer would be able to scale their VPSes to speeds and cores not possible with a single physical server. I appreciate that the latency that this would introduce would maybe make this project infeasible, nonetheless I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts

You might want to google "single system image" and take a look at http://www.kerrighed.org

Unfortunately, none of these seem to be compatible with Xen right now, though apparently some folks have been working along those lines. Xen on top of kerrighed would be way cool.

Miles Fidelman

Some userland VM monitor may work with that, such as virtualbox.

What do Amazon do with their EC2 system? Surely those VMs aren't running on a single physical box, are they?