Re: [Xen-users] Bonded interfaces with trunk and iscsi SAN

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Bonded interfaces with trunk and iscsi SAN
From: Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:17:53 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:19:28 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2/16/2011 3:15 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:32 AM, Donny Brooks<dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
This is complicated with the bond+trunk. Basically what I need to happen is
have a way to assign another IP to the bond0 interface. Being that I will
have a very limited maintenance window to make this work, I would appreciate
some feedback. One way I thought about doing it was to create a bond0:0
interface and add the SAN ip stuff to it. Should this work?
With your setup? No. Since you already carve-out bond0.20, all traffic
on vlan20 will go there.

ifcfg-bond0
ifcfg-bond0.20
ifcfg-br20
Vlan20 is the SAN vlan and it has 192.168.0.0 on it. In debian I know how to
accomplish this since you use the vmbrX interface and give it an IP. However
I am not 100% sure how to do this in centos. I appreciate any help on this.
Just put the IP on ifcfg-br20. Add the usual

IPADDR=
NETMASK=
GATEWAY=

I noticed that you put ip address on bond0. Is that on native vlan? If
not, you should also move it to ifcfg-br*.

Thanks for that. That makes sense. Although I won't need a gateway since it does not need to leave that vlan. Also the management IP is on the default vlan of 1. But I can move it to the br* interface if it would help anything.