Re: [Xen-users] iscsi vs nfs for xen VMs

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] iscsi vs nfs for xen VMs
From: riki <phobie@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:36:22 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 01:37:30 -0800
References: <994429490908070648s69eed40eua19efc43c3eb85a7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <7bc80d500908070700s7050c766g4d1c6af2cd71ea89@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <994429490908070711q4c64f92au9baa6577524e5c5d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <3463f63d0908070726y630d320u3e3f1f1cae9b34a4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <sig.0007322cfd.AANLkTi=2S3bKf6jv9BbqYMbkWFbjJTrpYh8GK2EGXGns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4D3FD940.1090000@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <AANLkTi=J-s+oc44wY-N_wQ+wQr=VhnG-EK48QYpx7y-Y@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <5DB0519124BB3D4DBEEB14426D4AC7EA18BFE6FF56@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sig.3007784e19.AANLkTim+T5yAfovgX2JsH9BMp3r6agxCqRxVBoG7acXT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <5DB0519124BB3D4DBEEB14426D4AC7EA18BFE6FF57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello guys,

presently, i am playing with http://www.gluster.com/ and its volumes, it
will not offer you block level volume access as you are exporting those
with NFS, but the design is allowing you to create highly available
geographically distant storage for files.

If you can live with file based VM`s, give it a try.

r.