Re: [Xen-users] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

To: rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?
From: chris <tknchris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:00:16 -0500
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 08:01:33 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=A/SZmnm6BFrhDTRH8ZiN8n+sLRqn2xqCU879y4HatQw=; b=NpLVf4PuWivOTQWmKyL4/0BQKGVIfaawZOfbkIU+2W93hd0z8b066iO3bX/0E7gFXD qOLjOH5Xu6TbTZpFQbTZ3qp+NlIegpOGKCPcgmAF2rxMTZUNdcG/XaxuZgegj2C1V7x2 AC2ppzeTG21qpjT+z/sQBfXgW2YQCYWFMhr68=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been hearing this for about 10 years and during that 10 years
have never had a single issue getting ipv4 addresses. While I agree
that it will run out at some point and that ipv6 probably has
advantages over ipv4 I think there is just the appearance of a
shortage due to the allocation of large blocks of ips very early on
which are very under utilized. I don't think its really anything to
worry about especially with ipv6inipv4 working just fine.

you see this story posted on various "tech" sites every year for a long time