[Xen-users] GPLPV

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] GPLPV
From: Ryan Holt <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:28:46 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:30:17 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:received:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=qXpyzg2sWYUCmponn3ab0qfurPrY3NEtCTgdTGm+X8Q=; b=tlx1I8XYCIfdye3fFNvfQ29DCmaV5U9b0X2iCY2tONW5fenbIpK0UISX8SQFWspAQm FHjItTONXuhTrx4VbARhoxGmIVVwpLcTR84ptt3+o2SRLI0UwOJVBBjUGV3hVQioWRug fFe1gE3VgjkAT2O7ErjVvnL3adetPwenJW0Xc=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I've been trying various attempts at installing the latest GPLPV drivers (gplpv_Vista2008x64_0.11.0.238.msi) on a fresh Server 2008R2 VM. Currently using Xen 4.0.1 with dom0 at 2.6.32-24. VM configuration is here:

I've found that the tap:aio disk configuration doesn't play well with the vbd/scsi drivers, that is, I get blue screens after the reboot. Couldn't finagle that to work. Just to test, I installed a VM with phy:/path/to/LVM/volume and the vbd driver installed fine / no bluescreens. I got better performance / VM was snappier with the tap:aio configuration though.

I still got pretty poor performance on the networking side, however, so I was trying to install the GPLPV drivers in order to hopefully improve my network performance. I selected to install all the drivers with the exception of the vbd and scsi drivers. VM boots fine and inside of Network Connections I now have the XEN Network Adapter instead of the e1000 that I originally had. However, it is disconnected. I followed the instructions listed here to configure the bootloader and it appears that it is setup right:

I also followed the instructions here:

And used the dseo.exe utility to sign the xen drivers; problem persists.Hopefully it's something obvious I'm missing...

Any thoughts?

--
Thanks,
Ryan