Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.4.x Stable?

Hey Alan,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Alan Lam <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi David,

I am coming from the CentOS 2.6.18 kernel + Xen 3.3.1 from Gitco – not the CentOS Xen 3.0.3. From 3.3 to 3.4 shouldn’t be too bad?

So you know the drill, if you've got Gitco you're a go, also remember that 3.0 is not longer maintained so it is a good idea to upgrade, just as I said, check the xend-sconfig.sxp and the xmexample files under /etc/xen directory for changes to get you going, just get the new repo from gitco.de for 3.4.3 but I'd strongly advise to uninstall xen and everything related to it and then install the new version to avoid library conflicts and other hiccups that may creep up, I've tried to upgrade and it's rather painful so take my advise and try it out, first on a test machine just copy the DomU and try to check it's functionality if it all goes good carefully upgrade the production server.

Good luck.

Regards,

Alan

---
David Gonzalez H.
DGHVoIP - OPEN SOURCE TELEPHONY SOLUTIONS
Phone Bogotá: +(57-1)289-1168
Phone Medellin: +(57-4)247-0985
Mobile: +(57)315-838-8326
MSN: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx