Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.4.x Stable?

To: Alan Lam <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.4.x Stable?
From: David Gonzalez Herrera <dgonzalezh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:42:05 -0500
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:43:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Alan Lam <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I am currently running Xen 3.3.1 in a production environment on CentOS 5.x, using the CentOS 5.x 2.6.18 xenlinux kernel with Xen 3.3.1 loaded instead of the CentOS Xen.

The question is, is Xen 3.4.x considered production stable to upgrade to yet? I’m under the impression Xen 4.0.x is not production stable.

Xen 3.4.3  is very much stable eight now, I was Using it with CentOS 5.5 x86_64 and it's been running there for some months now.

On the other hand I'm making a big jump from 3.4.3 to 4.0.1 for testing purposes and helping XEN community by reporting bugs and stuff, but my DomUs won't start, so tryin' to figure it out.

In terms of migration to Xen 3.4.x, are there any hiccups I need to be aware of? Can I still use the CentOS 2.6.18 xenlinux kernel with Xen 3.4.x as per currently?

Well you get me with this one as I installed from GITCO repos directly I didn't use distro¡s version, do I don't know that much about migration from 3.0 to 3.4, but it should be quite easy, just check xend-config.sxp under /etc and make the necessary adjustments.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alan