[Xen-users] p2v wlh windows?

To: Xen-Users List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] p2v wlh windows?
From: chris <tknchris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:53:47 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:55:09 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=py/gfYhXKG+S/TtAu+CSq7nzrQz+jn15oPB3eJLFgo8=; b=rfY1Vrz5BbV+2H22gpuQx8glJkn7QC8nN/N4lTB3O6vDJIVUjg3V/Rs3oYpeov6DmA WjYyEYSKA9bHEV53ztreZpR5JET963RwEMN6yHwnfWuCt7ebLIC79eWuBc8v8swaQ+9w nMNAe7O0jS1BX5ihhLF2i79uoOqW1xbmdCHAU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been using Xen quite a bit the last 3 years and everything has
been going very well. I usually create my vm's from scratch but
occasionally for certain special situations I will p2v. I have run
into a brick wall with p2v of wlh editions of windows (vista,server
2008, etc). Since these editions of windows have imaged based
installs, they do not have the in place upgrade "repair" function that
is in many earlier versions of windows. Has anyone been successful
p2v'ing these versions of windows? I've tried various things from the
recovery console, rebuild bcd, fix boot record, etc. I fully
understand that the windows hal is what causes the bluescreen and
causes it not to boot, and I've read some people being able to replace
the hal dll's but it seems like there has got to be a better way?

Any input would be appreciated.

- chris