Re: [Xen-users] Did anyone succeeded in installing xen 4.0.0 on Debian L

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Did anyone succeeded in installing xen 4.0.0 on Debian Lenny?
From: Jean Baptiste FAVRE <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:40:38 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:41:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Le 12/08/2010 16:03, Meister Schieber a écrit :
2010/8/11 Jean Baptiste FAVRE <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>>:

 > If you prefer keeping Lenny, you can either backport Xen4 for lenny, or
 > compile it by hand.
 > I've done it successfully and documented here:

http://publications.jbfavre.org/virtualisation/migration_form_xen3_to_xen4_lvm_drbd_debian.en
<http://publications.jbfavre.org/virtualisation/migration_form_xen3_to_xen4_lvm_drbd_debian.en>

I am trying to follow the steps in your howto, but: Is there a reason
why you install both images?
Yes, this allow you to get a working system in case of Xen failure ;-)

|"aptitude install linux-image-2.6.32-bpo.4-amd64
linux-image-2.6.32-bpo.4-xen-amd64"|

When I do that and restart the system, the systems hangs. Shouldn't xen
4.0.0 be installed before rebooting the system?
Not if you choose to work from the non-Xen kernel.

Which kernel do you choose on boot ?
The normal one, the xen enable one, or the old Xen hypervisor ?
If system hangs with normal one, you've got a problem. normally, you should never boot on Xen enable one. Finally, maybe booting Xen hypervisor 3.2 with 2.6.32 xen kernel cause some troubles I'm not aware of.

Do you have any console message to provide ?

Regards,
JB