Re: [Xen-users] OES2

To: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] OES2
From: Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:59:48 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:01:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 06 August 2010 18:20:53 Nick Couchman wrote:

> > Anyone virtualizing OES2?
> >

> > B.
>
> I'm virtualizing SLES10 and SLES11, which is essentially the same core as
>  OES2.  Are you having problems doing it?  Or just looking for user
>  experiences?
>
> -Nick
>

> --------
> This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
>  use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or
>  you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
>  recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering
>  (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are
>  strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or
>  otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If
>  you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
>  replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.
>  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business
>  of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.

Well both really. For starters my Hypervisors are SLES10SP3 but won't
virtualize SLES10SP3 in HVM mode. I get I/O problems and hence kernel panics.
No problems with SLES10SP2.

And as far as OES2 is concerned: this is a different animal though than
SLES10, esepecially since I also us Novell Clustering Services, requiring
special kernel modules etc. The afore mentionned problems could inspire me to
go the PVM road (which would benefit performance as well of course), but not
sure if everything will keep on working (I'm looking to P2V an existing OES2
cluster).

thx,

B.