[Xen-users] RE: iSCSI and LVM

From: Ferenc Wagner [mailto:wferi@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 15/06/2010 12:39
To: Jonathan Tripathy
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: iSCSI and LVM

"Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Does anyone have any experience with "shared storage" using iSCSI with
> Debian/Ubuntu Dom0s?

Yes.  We use one iSCSI export for each domU, shared by two dom0s for
failover.  Each domU uses LVM if it wants, but neither does it for
snapshotting alone: they are regular backup clients, no magic there.
You'll have to check if your SAN supports this high number of exports.
Your plan is *very* ambitious anyway.
--
Regards,
Feri.

My current train of though is to just export one bigh LUN to each node, and let the node handle LVM. While I coudn't use "live migration", I could always mount the big lun on another server if the orignal were to fail

Can you please explain to me how my plan is ambitious? Can someone please suggest where I should cut down/ scale up?

Many Thanks