Re: [Xen-users] Another install xen on Ubuntu 10.04 question

To: littimes@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Another install xen on Ubuntu 10.04 question
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 17:48:50 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 May 2010 03:50:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Tom Potwin <wxman2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I also notice
> that a lot of errors show up after the make -j2, but it does finish.

errors or warnings?

> I know
> that I don't know enough yet about each of these steps, so I might be
> missing something that is assumed to be known. Before I did this reinstall
> of the server, I was using Ubuntu 8.04, and I had no trouble installing, and
> running xen there. I'm not even too concerned for which version of xen I
> try. Of course with 8.04 server, I just did an apt-get to install
> everything.
>
> Could someone please take pity on me, and point me to a step-by step that
> might work; or possibly tell me what could be going wrong with what I've
> tried.

The thing about parallell make (make -j) is that you might miss some
errors and think they're OK. try re-running make, but WITHOUT -j. In
my case, it turns out the error was from

make[2]: *** [drivers/xen/platform-pci.o] Error 1

and unselecting xen platform pci makes the error go away.

--
Fajar