Re: [Xen-users] cent os domu creation problem

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out.I am using LVM based Image.I have Debian
> images running as DomU .Which are running fine.
> xm list shows
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0   875     8     r-----     67.0
> Domu1                                       3  2048     1     -b----     18.1

I'd start by comparing their config files. Can you paste domu1's config file?

>> While there are ways to map dom0 LVs as domU partition, that's not the
>> way to do it. Not by following that tutorial and simply change the
>> disk.
> Please let me know what mistake I did and what should I change.

Short version, if you follow the Centos tutorial (possibly by changing
bridge name or whatever settings specific to your system) and map the
disks as xvda, you should get a working centos domU the equivalent of
installing-from-HVM-and-convert-to-PV, but with less steps. That is,
you'd get one disk (xvda) with partition table on it.

If you want to have a domU that doesn't use partition on domU side
(i.e. directly maps the disk as xvda1), you can't use Centos
installer. Some manual process is necessary.

Your problem of "hotplug not working", however, should be unrelated to
mapping xvda vs xvda1. I'd start by comparing the config files.
Perhaps the bridge is incorrect?

--
Fajar