Re: [Xen-users] cent os domu creation problem

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] cent os domu creation problem
From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 20:31:25 +0530
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:03:41 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=VPC+2tc3ve4JYW/9+3rG7uDtZMJwd8ef0JNm5OWkpAY=; b=OVtF4RGweHhHm/XmNDI8QiI3iVlHVocwYx5U2O/8kReZg7zSGmo2eJIzqrEStW+hTw 6K9IGYJIF2mWYW8q5Obis+Lxv00PhNJZQVruYyeL7yF588/35ADm3x8hPdCEVxRud/Gl FYc5TlFWXP5w4ZzEYQwaodiy1skgzTtAPzqqM=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I am creating a CentOS DomU on Debian lenny.
>> I am following this guide.
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU
>
> No you don't.
>
>> disk        = [
>>                  'phy:/dev/virtualization/centos5-swap,xvda1,w',
>>                  'phy:/dev/virtualization/centos5-disk,xvda2,w',
>>              ]
>
>> Is this .cfg file wrong.
>
> Yes.
> When following a tutorial, best stick with it all the way, changing
> something only after you're sure what it does.
>
> Note how the tutorial maps the disk as xvda, instead of xvda1? They do
> that for a reason.
Thanks for pointing that out.I am using LVM based Image.I have Debian
images running as DomU .Which are running fine.
xm list shows
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0   875     8     r-----     67.0
Domu1                                       3  2048     1     -b----     18.1

I read all your posts here

http://markmail.org/thread/cvu56ik7n3kplisw
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-05/msg00536.html
http://pastebin.com/fb6fe631
http://pastebin.com/f6a5022bf
http://pastebin.com/f63285128

> While there are ways to map dom0 LVs as domU partition, that's not the
> way to do it. Not by following that tutorial and simply change the
> disk.
Please let me know what mistake I did and what should I change.

>> Any help would be appreciated.
>> I am getting some error as Hotplug script not working.
>> How should I proceed ?
>
> This is actually a different problem altogether.
> It could be anything from a broken installation, udevd dead, wrong
> bridge name, and so on. I'd start by making sure you have a working
> system first, and that you can create a working domU (any kind will
> do).
Yes I do have a working system with Debian Lenny as Dom0 and then 2
DomU are also Debian Lenny.
>After that, /var/log/messages, /var/log/daemon.log, and
> /var/log/xen/xend.log usually give some more info as to what went
> wrong.

I have pasted the output of all the above files here
/var/log/messages
http://pastebin.com/ag1RrgpF
and /var/log/xen/xend.log
http://pastebin.com/D3GSPNzW

/var/log/daemon.log
http://pastebin.com/4fpqnBsP

Let me also know if I need to search or read some thing more.
Thanks for your reply.
--
Tapas