[Xen-users] Re: Fwd: Xen Dom U Kernel

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:38:24AM -0700, kishore kumar wrote:
>    I see 2.6.30 and above has the 10G SR-IOV Virtual Function driver.
>
>    I am wondering can I pick up the kernel from [1]kernel.org and run as a
>    Dom U ??
>
>    Are there any particular Instructions to follow for installing Dom U on
>    Xen with pvops Dom 0 running??
>
>    Any hints please??

Well, you could check for example Fedora 12 2.6.32.x kernel default config file.
It's based on upstream kernel.org kernel and runs as Xen domU, but it doesn't
have
xen pci frontend.

If you're planning to use PCI passthrough you need to be more careful with
the kernel version, see:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough

-- Pasi