Re: [Xen-users] How do I boot multiple domu's using the same disk image

To: Vinay Kumar <vinaykumar119@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How do I boot multiple domu's using the same disk image?
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:21:09 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 20:22:05 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Vinay Kumar <vinaykumar119@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I get the following error:
>
> Error: The uname "/home/fc_domu.img" is already used by another domain

Short answer: don't do that.
It's the same reason why you normally should not use a single LUN in
SAN to boot multiple servers. Because it will lead to data corruption.

There are, however, scenarios when using shared storage is OK. One of
them is when you use cluster file system. In that case,  you can use
"w!" in disk mode on domU config file instead of the usual "w".

--
Fajar