Re: [Xen-users] frustrated with build problems

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Dana Rawding <dana@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Of course after ranting, the last build on Centos finished.  I added to grub
> and rebooted.

Since you're using Centos, the easiest way to start would be install
xen and kernel-xen from Centos, and then upgrade xen (and related
RPMS) from http://www.gitco.de/repo/ to get a working xen 3.4.2, but
still using Centos' kernel-xen. It should support most of newer xen
features, like "xm new" and "vcpu_avail" (on domU config file)

However you DID say you're running 32bit, so you could either:
- rebuild gitco's SRPM for 32bit (some changes needed to SPEC file)
- build xen manually, and ONLY use the hypervisor and userland tools,
while still using Centos kernel-xen.

Your grub section shoud then look similar to this

title Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (2.6.18-164.2.1.el5xen)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /xen.gz-3.4.1
        module /vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.2.1.el5xen ro root=/dev/rootvg/rootlv
        module /initrd-2.6.18-164.2.1.el5xen.img

--
Fajar