RE: [Xen-users] iSCSI Volumes and Xen

I have a CentOS 5.4 dom0 server and would like to move from using locally
attached storage (LVM volumes on hardware RAID) to centralised iSCSI
storage.  I would also like to add further dom0 servers for live migration
and better fault tolerance (I really want to be able to maintain my
servers without interrupting service).

I had planned to use opensolaris or nexenta and create a zvol for each of
my domUs and export that as a block device over iSCSI.  The network is
gigabit and would use aggregated links to give 8gbit of bandwidth between
each storage node and the switches and 4gbit between each dom0 and the
switches.

Reading this thread suggests that exporting each volume as a block device
results in poor performance, correct?  I had wanted to use zvols for the
nice snapshot features of ZFS (it is useful to take snapshots of a running
zvol) but not at the cost of a serious performance hit.  I need to use
pvgrub in my domUs, too.

Is this the case and is so is there another way which would perform
acceptably and allow the above or a similar?

Many thanks,

Matt