[Xen-users] initscript shutdown

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] initscript shutdown
From: "iS-Fun Internet Services GmbH, Holger Diehm" <h.diehm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:56:41 +0100
Apparently-to: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:53:44 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Guys,
i have compiled xen-3.4.2 from source on debian lenny and I'm trying the
latest gentoo-xen-kernel-patches.
So far so good for me - no glitches with the kernel at all.
But now - I was searching the net and the list already for solutions - have a
Problem shutting down the xendomains via initscript.

I don't want "xm save" nior migrate. a simple shutdown of any running vm would
be nice.

But so far no success with the initscript.

Here's what i set in /etc/sysconfig/xendomains:

/etc/sysconfig# grep -v ^# xendomains

XENDOMAINS_SYSRQ=""

XENDOMAINS_USLEEP=1000000

XENDOMAINS_CREATE_USLEEP=10000000

XENDOMAINS_MIGRATE=""

XENDOMAINS_SAVE=""

XENDOMAINS_SHUTDOWN=""

XENDOMAINS_SHUTDOWN_ALL="--all --halt --wait"

XENDOMAINS_RESTORE=false

XENDOMAINS_AUTO=/etc/xen/auto

XENDOMAINS_AUTO_ONLY=""

XENDOMAINS_STOP_MAXWAIT=0

I had to set the XENDOMAINS_STOP_MAXWAIT=0 to get it to work with removing all
from the initscript but the "XENDOMAINS_SHUTDOWN_ALL"-section.

Shell debugging shouldn't be too hard, but before i start digging around -
perhaps someone has the clue for me.

thanks in advance,

holger