Re: [Xen-users] initscript shutdown

To: h.diehm@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] initscript shutdown
From: Matthias Reif <mattreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:11:55 +1100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:12:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 13/01/2010 09:02:02 AM:

> Hi Guys,
> i have compiled xen-3.4.2 from source on debian lenny and I'm trying the
> latest gentoo-xen-kernel-patches.
> So far so good for me - no glitches with the kernel at all...yet :-)
> But now - I was searching the net and the list already for solutions- I have
> a Problem shutting down the xendomains via initscript.
>
> I don't want "xm save" nor migrate. a simple shutdown of any runningvm would
> be nice.
>
> But so far no success with the initscript.
>
> Here's what I set in /etc/sysconfig/xendomains:
>
> /etc/sysconfig# grep -v ^# xendomains
>
> XENDOMAINS_SYSRQ=""
>
> XENDOMAINS_USLEEP=1000000
>
> XENDOMAINS_CREATE_USLEEP=10000000
>
> XENDOMAINS_MIGRATE=""
>
> XENDOMAINS_SAVE=""
>
> XENDOMAINS_SHUTDOWN=""
>
> XENDOMAINS_SHUTDOWN_ALL="--all --halt --wait"
>
> XENDOMAINS_RESTORE=false
>
> XENDOMAINS_AUTO=/etc/xen/auto
>
> XENDOMAINS_AUTO_ONLY=""
>
> XENDOMAINS_STOP_MAXWAIT=0
>

> I had to set the XENDOMAINS_STOP_MAXWAIT=0 to get it to work with
> removing all
> from the initscript but the "XENDOMAINS_SHUTDOWN_ALL"-section.
>
> what else could influence the behaviour of the xendomains initscript ? Could
> it be something special with debian - I have two older xens on opensuse up an
> running and there are no problems at all ? the lsb package for comatibility
> is installed, but I made a minimal install of lenny in Dom0, so perhaps
> something mandatory is missing ? the xend initscript itself works like a
> charm.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Holger

Try XENDOMAINS_SHUTDOWN="--halt --wait".

Matthias

SOUTH PACIFIC SEEDS
PO Box 934, GRIFFITH N.S.W. 2680. AUSTRALIA
Phone:
02 6962 7333      Fax: 02 6964 1311

CAUTION: The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential. If you are reading this message and you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of all or part of the contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any opinions or views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not represent those of their employer.