[Xen-users] How to backup LUNs

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] How to backup LUNs
From: "Francesco Gallo" <gallo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 11:16:27 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:17:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

is there some one who could share his own best pratics for backing up storage lun with DomU inside?

While testing the right approach I have realized this situation:

1.       A clustered Volume Group named “XenVG” and many Logical Volumes named “<domUname>LV”;

2.       domU installed directly on the lun (for example: /dev/sdm).

How could I backup them?

My hardware situation is:

1 Dell MD3000i storage

3 Dell 2950 servers

My software situation:

3 CentOS 5.3  clustered

3 XEN 3.3.1

Thanks all,

dott. Francesco Gallo

francesco.gallo@xxxxxxxx

393.98.38.146

XiNet Srl

XiNet Srl
ufficio: 051.58.73.645
fax: 051.58.79.372
web:
www.xinet.it

This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and delete the message from your computer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties. Thank you.