Re: [Xen-users] Oracle on a classic Physical server Win2k3 versusOracle

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Oracle on a classic Physical server Win2k3 versusOracle on domU win2k3
From: Rémi BERNIER <R.BERNIER@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:32:59 +0100
Cc: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:34:00 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes my windows guest is fully CPU but i thought  to have better performance regarding the number of transactions per seconds compared a Physical server.
Thanks,

Rémi

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 08:55:40AM +0100, Rémi BERNIER wrote:
>    James, Pasi,
>
>    Yes it's just a swinbench on the performance of transactions on a Oracle
>    database.
>    But not a network test.
>
>    My CPU is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5130 @ 2.00GHz, when i test with
>    swingbench, my domU is full cpu (near 197%)
>    The result of iowait with command: iostat 1  -> %iowait = 0.00
>
>    Thanks in advance.

Ok so it's fully CPU bound.

Then you should measure CPU usage in the Windows guest and figure out
where all the CPU time goes..

-- Pasi