[Xen-users] Recommendation for traffic shaping

To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Recommendation for traffic shaping
From: Paras pradhan <pradhanparas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:13:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:14:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a centos 5.3 server connected to fibre based SAN with 4Gbps
HBA. Xen domUs are installed in the SAN disks.

This server is connected to my datacenter using 1Gig Ethernet. I will
be having say around 10 domUs in this server and one of them might be
consuming a lot of traffic. So to avoid traffic congestion problem,
where do I shape/cap the bandwidth for this particular domU? Inside
domU or in dom0's bridge interface? which tools are better? tc. cbq ,
htb or any others?

Any recommendation in this issue?

Thanks in adv
Paras.