Re: [Xen-users] xen and SAN.

To: Bruce Edge <bruce.edge@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen and SAN.
From: Mauro <mrsanna1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:34:19 +0200
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:35:00 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=ynqsv/w9i7FJ52CaWfEGeGE6ciRQ0AkS3bm5u4ZmNTo=; b=WVHCdxNgkjrqdEsvFpFuoxxwDmlUesQUMP4fLU4HI0myroaPjWG4zOB//DoJflUJEq J0U9uR+7uIpC7bmwGrVRaNJauGcuBBom54O3pAuQ4+H6XblwxgLkK6WX0DQPIK4mhGB4 C37SSxgyQ++qwgbJXy3nHsN8LxhGxCPOfSHRU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2009/9/21 Bruce Edge <bruce.edge@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Perhaps he means using PCI passthrough to let the domU access the hba
> directly?

Really I don't know, it is the first time I deal with SAN and xen.
I know that we have an HBA with fiber channel.
I need some advice on how to use a domU with a SAN storage.
Specifically I have a mail server on a DomU with a debian lenny amd64
operating system.
The filesystem is all on a logical volume named mail-disk of about 200Gb.
I have all the mail account under /var/vmail.
I want to create another mail server and use the same mail accounts.
So my need is to move /var/vmail under SAN storage so it can be
accessed by the first mail server and by the second mail server.
Besides I need much more space for /var/vmail so to move it on a SAN
storage I think is the best solution.