Re: [Xen-users] RE: GPLPV drivers update

To: Joshua Kinard <joshua.kinard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: GPLPV drivers update
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:55:16 +0100
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:56:04 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=4oBfnLaOemKiokcf+zx3VPYzzTIyCQlv1xXPNJoCG68=; b=cKLa+RB7OxBiCf402tYzVis7aWUJ7RVjLtTPs7Pdah+n966OTgkfvfjn96oRwUjcdY wst8/YnRJRvbmCx/s1o/goIFzFhIxdQpzV35AGHJQAdJKyal/DDhUez4ZvTiuW91YeO5 WmDDIVtRfHJtCwFbxZR+anrlOs2X0WbGw6tR4=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Joshua
Kinard<joshua.kinard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thought I'd put this out there, but if anyone is looking for a slightly more
> functional way to bypass Vista/NT6's driver signing feature automatically at
> boot, try this program out in the VM:
>
> ReadyDriver Plus v1.1
> http://www.citadelindustries.net/readydriverplus/
>
> I've used this at home to get ATI Tray Tools to load, because ATI's Catalyst
> is such a hog to install (200MB for a video driver?).  What it'll do is load
> at ntldr boot, automatically press F8, scroll down, disable driver signing,
> then on the next menu, scroll back up and start Windows normally.  Pretty
> handy little tool.
>
> Cheers!,
>
> --J

I've also used this tool for the same purpose, but it is not required
with the latest release of the drivers, all that is necessary is to
run "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and install the drivers, previously
there was a problem with the way they were signed which prevented the
drivers from loading even when test signing was enabled, but it is now
fixed.

I have tested the latest release on both 2008x64 and 2008r2x64 both of
which require signed drivers and enabling testsigning was sufficient.

Andy