Re: [Xen-users] What does viridian=1 do?

Am 21.08.2009 04:23, schrieb James Harper:
So for faster IO you need GPLPV drivers.
I still would vote for further investigation and development on viridian
enlighten IO. It would bring us out of the hell with driver signing, and
would also make a lot of stuff easier from the users stand.
The work of James Harper is pretty good but for 2008 x64 more than just
far away from ready for production.

Yes, definitely that would be good.

Feel free to start working on it :) I believe the needed viridian interfaces
can be seen at least from linux hyper-v driver (linux-ic). Also iirc ms
released some docs about the interfaces.

You are talking about reverse engineering a backend driver to match the
frontend driver in Linux. That would certainly be an interesting project, but I
wonder how Microsoft would feel about it :)

James

Uhm, James you have the best knowledge about this topic (the other way around), would you say this is a real gap? Or is the GPLPV-driver on the way to fill it anyway soon, especially are there plans to get the drivers signed? As I see it there wouldn't be any other proper solutions for this topic.

Florian