RE: [Xen-users] What does viridian=1 do?

To: <Pekka.Panula@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] What does viridian=1 do?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:18:03 +1000
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:18:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hi
>
> I'm wondering what does viridian=1 option actually does? I installed
Xen 3.4.1
> from Gitco's and installed Windows 2008 R2 (standard) server, 64-bit,
which
> supposed is hyper-v aware? But looking device manager i dont see
anything
> special, still all using emulation drivers. Should i install Hyper-V
IC?

One thing it does is disable a particular type of crash where an
inter-cpu interrupt/message is not delivered as fast as it would be on a
physical machine.

I don't think it presents a hyperv compatible driver layer to the domu
though.

James