Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV

To: Jeff Williams <jeffw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV
From: Max-Julian Pogner <mjp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 11:12:11 +0200
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 May 2009 02:12:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Submission for the section
"Bluescreen 0x7b on reboot"

What fixed the issue for me was, using phy:/dev/group/device  (a
lvcreate created device) instead of file://path/to/hda.img as backend
device for the domU disk.

simple rebooting and/or mangling with boot-options did not fix the issue
in my case.

I had this issue with win2k8 64bit domU (win2k8 32bit worked fine)
dom0 was debian lenny with xen3.3.1 and 2.6.26-1-xen-amd64 kernel.

regards,
Max-Julian Pogner