OT: Re: [Xen-users] Re: multiple iscsi targets on bonding interface

To: Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx>
Subject: OT: Re: [Xen-users] Re: multiple iscsi targets on bonding interface
From: Jeff Williams <jeffw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 10:35:37 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 May 2009 19:36:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/04/09 23:16, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
Don't confuse the different layers.  Each of our PV domUs are backed
by independent iSCSI targets, to make independent live migration of
domUs possible.  Each domU sees its assigned target as virtual disk
/dev/xvda, and has no idea whatsoever that it is an iSCSI target in
reality.  Then each domU uses this virtual disk as it wants: some
partition it, some use it as an LVM physical volume, some put a
filesystem straight on it.  iSCSI is absolutely out of the picture
here, with the exception of the iSCSI rooted domUs, which, on the
other hand, have no disk devices assigned to them by Xen: they are
(virtual) "diskless"; the Xen host doesn't know they mount iSCSI
devices as their roots from initramfs.
Ferenc,

Just out of interest, do have any problems managing all of those iSCSI targets across all of your Xen dom0s? I would imagine you'd end up with a very large number of /dev/sd* devices on all of the dom0s?

Regards,
Jeff