Re: [Xen-users] network-bridge breaks networking when eth0:1 is added

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fajar A. Nugraha wrote on Tue, 28 Apr 2009 04:55:55 +0700:
>
>> No, that won't work.
>
> It works fine with my original setup and on my other machine. I think even
> without forwarding switched on. That's why I think it works via
> broadcasting.

Seriously?
It shouldn't work. Unless of course I misunderstood your explanantion.
Please post the output of these commands on the working dom0, the
non-working dom0, and on domU :
- brctl show
- ip addr list | grep "inet "

plus the ip address of the third machine (the one that's connected to
dom0's eth1).

> Are you famliar with the difference between
>> bridge and route?
>> I believe you have two alternatives :
>>
>> (1) Setup multiple bridges
>> For example, br0 for eth0 and br1 for eth1. Then you assign two NICs
>> to domU, each NIC on different bridge.
>
> That's what I did and mentioned in my posting your replied to. That works
> in one direction (dom0 eth1 -> domU), but not from domU eth1 -> dom0. I
> don't need that second variant, but it's somehow "disturbing" that it
> doesn't work.

Are you sure this is what you did? As far as I can tell from your
previous explataion you only have one bridge. Then again I could've
misunderstood your explanation. Either way, the output of commands
above should give enough information.

>> (2) setup static routing on dom0 and domU.
>> This way traffic from domU to thrid machine can go something like this:
>> domU eth0 -> dom0 xenbr0 -> dom0 eth1 -> third machine eth1.
>
> I thought about that earlier, but it's not clear to me what I should set
> as a gateway then. A static route for the subnet on third machine eth1
> with gateway IP dom0 eth1?

It'd be easier once I know what your setup is like. At this point I'm
at loss as to what your setup is like.

Regards,

Fajar