Re: [Xen-users] network-bridge breaks networking when eth0:1 is added

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote on Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:51:55 +0700:

Ok, the bridge setup with eth0/xenbr0 seems to work, but xenbr0:1 doesn't
give me access to the domUs as I had before with eth0:1.

I used the following config:

ifcfg-eth0:
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
HWADDR=00:1E:C9:FE:FB:AB
#IPADDR=192.168.1.24
#NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
BRIDGE=xenbr0

ifcfg-xenbr0:
DEVICE=xenbr0
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=static
#HWADDR=00:1E:C9:FE:FB:AB
IPADDR=192.168.1.24
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes

This IP address will actually get changed later to a public address.

DEVICE=xenbr0:1
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=192.168.2.5
NETMASK=255.255.255.224

This is the network that eth1 and eth2 are on. But I can't access a domU
now that has 192.168.2.n on eth0:1

However, I can with this setup and network-bridge doing it's work with
eth0 and peth0.

ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
DHCPCLASS=
HWADDR=00:19:66:57:7F:86
IPADDR=192.168.1.232
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes

ifcfg-eth0:1
DEVICE=eth0:1
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=192.168.2.15
NETMASK=255.255.255.224

> But if you want to create another bridge with eth1 or eth2 as the
> physical device (thus domU would have two or more NICs, each connected
> to a different bridge), you can copy the eth0/xenbr0 config above and
> modify them accordingly.

It seems if I don't use the network-bridge script I will have to go that
route and create a second bridge. If I understand correctly I do the same
as before but with eth1 and xenbr1 for instance and then add another vif
device to the config file?

If I do that I could go without the first bridge as xenbr0:1 doesn't help
me, anyway :-) But all in all it looks cleaner.

When I reloaded the network first after changing the configuration to
eth0/xenbr0 my eth0 device was completely gone. I couldn't revive it other
than reboot. I hope that was a single-time glitch.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany