Re: [Xen-users] What processes on the Dom 0 correspond to a PV guest?

To: jiang wang <jwangzju@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] What processes on the Dom 0 correspond to a PV guest?
From: Nikita Lebedev <darth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 16:45:23 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 05:46:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jiang wang пишет:

> Hi:
>
> I am new to Xen. I know that there are many Xen daemons on Dom0,such
> as xend, xenbus etc. I just curious whether there is a process (or a
> daemon) on the Dom 0 which is corresponding to a PV guest? Just like
> in Vmware workstation, every VM is a vmware-vmx.exe process on the host.
>
> If there is a process corresponding to each PV guest, what is its
> name? If not, what will Dom 0 see when I use "xm create" to start a
> new PV guest? I tried to use ps, and top to watch the processes on
> Dom0 but find nothing so far.
>
> btw: I tested on CentOS 5 with Xen3.1.2
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jiang

Xen based on hypervisor model, therefore Dom0 is a virtual machine with
exclusive access to hardware(through hypercalls). You can use tools like
xm top, or xm list to monitor activity of DomUs, you unable to find any
processes at Dom0 corresponded to each DomU. VMware Workstation uses
Virtual Machine Monitor model, and each virtual machine maintained by
one instance of it.