Re: [Xen-users] domU vif networking problem or bug

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Martin Fuxa <fuxa_kos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sounds like an old problem
>> Try this
>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq#head-4ce9767df34fe1c9cf4f85f7e07cb
>>10110eae9b7
>
> Is it problem Xen versus NIC or mainboard?

Most likely NIC driver problem.

> If I'll add/use PCIe NIC card (like Intel Pro 1000 PT or Broadcom NetXtreme),
> solve this problem?

Well, so far I only use Broadcom (drivers tg3 and bnx2). The ones with
tg3 used to have a similar problem back in the days of RHEL 5.0. It's
working correctly now without the need for any workaround (I can't
remember whether it was 5.1 or 5.2 that solved the problem). Here's
what I currently use (all onboard NIC):

Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704S Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 10)
Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 12)
Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708S
Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12)

The drivers for your NIC might haven't been widely-tested enough so
using a common, well-known, old-enough NIC might solve your problems.

Regards,

Fajar