[Xen-users] virtualization on top of Red Hat cluster

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] virtualization on top of Red Hat cluster
From: Geoffrey <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:26:04 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:26:50 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We would like to find out if there are other folks attempting to do what we are trying to do. We are having all kinds of problems.

We are trying to set up an 8 node cluster and run a number of virtual machines on top of this cluster. The boxes are running Red Hat 5 and we are using Xen.

Before going into the actual issues we are running into, I thought we should first find out if there are others who are doing this, or attempting to do this.

This includes a separate virtual server for the following services: squid, ldap, mail server, dns, samba, email and a handful of Xservers/application servers.

The specific hardware includes:

8 Dell 19150 nodes w/ rh5.2 xen
Each node has 32GB of ram and 8 cores (xeon 2.66)

EMC San CX-310
2 Brocade 5000 fibre switches

Any feedback from anyone attempting or currently running a similar solution (virtualization on top of cluster) would be greatly appreciated.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

 - Benjamin Franklin