Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV network performance

James Harper wrote:
>> Is it safe to assume that, for now, Standard PC HAL will
>> give better network performance compared to ACPI HAL when used with
>> GPLPV?
>>

> That is a good question, but I don't know the answer. I get great
> performance (>2Gbits/second) on my system without much effort at all,
> even with SMP. My system is AMD though... maybe there is some difference
> there?

I'm using Intel on RHEL 5.2, bundled Xen. Maybe that's what causing it.

> With 1 cpu and ACPI, what was your performance like? (eg was it SMP
> slowing you down or ACPI?)

The thing is I can't. Note easily, anyway. I wrote in another thread
(GPLPV drivers problem), changing "vcpus=1" on the SMP domU crashed it.
Changing to HAL=halaacpi doesn't help either.

> I would be grateful if you could do a bit more testing here as this is a
> recurring problem...

I guess I could try installing a fresh 1-CPU system. This might take
several hours though. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Fajar