Re: [Xen-users] Mount CD ROM iso during kickstart postinstall

To: "Mac McClellan" <mmcclellan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Mount CD ROM iso during kickstart postinstall
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:47:33 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:48:17 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=SyEVm+IsmdVEiCCaathAW6NrkKG4P1oQBsqkmXaXOp0=; b=GMKc1LtAwsx7kiXz4fVF0QoHE6xLzBBVx4OIt6u88fh1b9Q5dNwD8c6NF/1/qY+2/Z V754tjmtN6+BVvALs5TsoQhqQJ/0tQ+tIpVYnXf+It6tDybfTVweLcJFJny4kXuuXMr9 ETIcCRLKlLQVR8TTy2H+8bAbGQY/eKD2uOSMQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Mac McClellan <mmcclellan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mount CD ROM iso during kickstart postinstall
>
> CentOS 5.2 i386
>
> I'm doing a xen virtual machine installation from a DVD iso image with a
> kickstart file to set network and run scripts and such in the postinstall
> section.
>
> During the installation the DVD iso is listed as device /tmp/cdrom and
> mounted on /mnt/source.  Once the installation is done and the post install
> starts the /tmp/cdrom device is unmounted.
>
> Part of my kickstart is copying certain files from the DVD iso to the
> installed system but all attempts to re-mount the DVD fail.
>
> /tmp/cdrom is gone once the postinstall portion of the install starts.  On a
> real machine I've been able to re-mount the DVD in the postinstall using
> /dev/cdrom or /dev/hdc but on this virtual machine it does not work.  It
> complains of 'No medium found'.
>
> A listing of /dev during the post install shows a valid device of /dev/hdc
> but any attempts to mount it in the postinstall portion of kickstart results
> in 'No medium found'.

Could it simply be that a pause or sleep is needed for the iso to be "read in"?

Any idea might be to try to manually detach and attach the disk
devices with xm block-detach and xm block-attach.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Todd

--