RE: [Xen-users] No Network info for hardware VMs using XM Top

To: "Rudi Ahlers" <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] No Network info for hardware VMs using XM Top
From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:43:19 -0000
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 07:47:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Rudi,

I have not assigned names to the virtual interfaces. They appear in
ipconfig with autogenerated names (eg.vif59.1 for the second NIC on the
VM with an ID of 59).

Here is the result of "ifconfig vif59.1":
[root@mrhappy ~]# ifconfig vif59.1
vif59.1   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:32
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Do I need to assign the Vifs a name?

Thanks again,