Re: [Xen-users] xen build and tls

To: Paras pradhan <pradhanparas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen build and tls
From: John Haxby <john.haxby@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:27:34 +0000
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 03:28:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John Haxby wrote:

You don't need to install any special libc and ignore comments from people about renaming /lib/tls to /lib/tls.disabled. The former is because the CentOS (aka RHEL and also Fedora) glibc already has the necessary changes, the latter because it's an empty directory and renaming it to stop the runtime linker finding stuff doesn't help :-)

Also ignore people telling you that modprobe and init are statically linked on CentOS, they're not.

But for anyone else reading this in the archives -- remember that all of the above is CentOS/RHEL/Fedora specific: different distros do things differently.

I re-read this. It sounds awful. The good people on this list (including those that also replied to this message) don't deserve to be told to be ignored. Don't ignore them ... just make sure that you don't try to do things to your CentOS distribution that are applicable to Debian etc.