[Xen-users] NTP on fully virtualized domUs

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] NTP on fully virtualized domUs
From: "James Treleaven" <J.Treleaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:02:57 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:03:42 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been having trouble keeping my time correct on some fully
virtualized Xen domUs (CentOS 5.2 x86_64), so I looked through the
archives and saw this posting about "independent_wallclock":
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/647

And this one about fighting among Doms to control the time:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/537/focus=665

I can't find any "/proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock" on any of my
domUs so I imagine the comments about fighting for control of the time
does not apply to me, because it is only applicable to paravirtualized
doms.

In my case, I should just be able to run ntpd on my domUs and ntpd
should maintain the correct time on each domU, correct?

Thanks,
James