[Xen-users] hvmloader was not built

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] hvmloader was not built
From: Ingo Rauner <irauner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:50:22 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:51:04 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=4SW8cAC4X4m8FirHRHUQWwYnZQ84hqqxrg3ks+iFATU=; b=t7jzcyZl2c4Wac0srz2+m/A1ZxBQYgPRM+aFERZlhjdzILK/C+Z9r/2XKL0dpNmEXK kwFWQHVUY3qIveNpqGWQgsZo7BfPmmijbUI9wqrEyj7VMwR+WyVnNMaSdjD5dNaTLPhe rko7Q5ED4+Ml8o3PZuJirZMXGEn+d4DubSwVU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I tried to build the Xen 3.3.0 source distribution on a Debian
GNU/Linux 4.0 r4a (AMD64). There were no errors reported during build
process or installation. But I am not able to create any HVMs because
the hvmloader is missing. I have found an entry in the mailing list archive that said
(concerning the same problem with an older source distribution) that
there are perhaps some tools missing which are required for building
the hvmloader. But I haven't found any error messages or warnings that
may derive from missing build tools.
Can someone give me a complete list of all required tools and
libraries for building the hvmloader (or perhaps there is a script for checking dependencies)? Please tell me the name (with absolute path) of each binary if possible (Some time ago I had a problem with a failing build because the binary of a tool had a name containing a version number
and the correctly named link to that binary was not created automatically).

Thanks, Ingo!