Re: [Xen-users] White screen after logon for Xen with Ubuntu Hardy

To: Ng Beng Heng <bengheng79@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] White screen after logon for Xen with Ubuntu Hardy
From: John Haxby <john.haxby@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:30:12 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 03:30:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ng Beng Heng wrote:
When I press Ctrl+Alt+Bspace, I see the wallpaper momentarily before going back to the login screen, which appears ok. I'm able to log in to the failsafe Gnome desktop correctly.

Are you using Compiz for desktop effects? I've had this at various times and it's caused by one of the compiz options (eg direct rendering, if memory serves). You may be able to log in enough to turn it off by running "DISPLAY=:0 metacity --replace" from the command line somewhere.

jch