[Xen-users] Xen+Vserver - How to use them together and what is the advan

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen+Vserver - How to use them together and what is the advantages/disadvantages?
From: "Simon Gottschlag" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:32:49 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:33:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everybody! I'm quite new to Xen and I've been using a guide at howtoforge [1] (for debian etch) to install it.
The thing there is that they use the xen-vserver package. And I've understood that Xen and Vserver are two different viritualization servers and I've also understood that they both have their advantages.

But what I can't understand is when I install the (debian etch) packages that use xen-vserver, what is the difference when creating the domU's?
Or is it just that I now can create a Xen domU and a Vserver guset (don't know what they call them, domU's to?) on the same kernel?
Or is it that I can create a Vserver inside a DomU and vice verse, or both?

Would be really nice if someone could try to explain this. Because it feels stupid using a package that I don't have use for.
And if it's a good idea using them both, to get better performance or anything, could you also explain how to do it or post a link to a place where they do it?

Thanks!

- Simon

[1] http://howtoforge.com/debian_etch_xen_from_debian_repository