Re: [Xen-users] CPU load balancing

To: fomitchev@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] CPU load balancing
From: "Gabriel Southern" <gsouther@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:46:59 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:47:36 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=nIdXs61o03bmutJG8qOwwI64Y055ikjtjPUTIhYpOOw=; b=s4Kfs80g0EDboIbmERw0iauXKwwhV2CroBS7HSihMHnB6boY8fVJKME4P656hfjPWd sRfKBKbTI21OkELcNmzGMmQMSo6YF1bKAJ5tIFMUfc/H+iMSxa8GC64jaQS2kr6SYers +lw6RNTZQoXD/Vk+MLe93eoGSyw4YOF+GQZCg=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=GPTJwm0K0llSpNG8m13FWRung9bMGiS2ur7FfJGjiGwXpSlEwUMh7qVLr7jYV3uPOp i77xc4reBIFfZeHwxwqJg5XASKLkLNpgavtSJEPsUwha1XohSm0QFZugJRFFnJ0CF7Sa k/khrQDTpM6fWAZyOcDTxeI9EUeDHAlCcsXS8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm not sure if the idea you are proposing is really useful.  The
credit scheduler will already allocate unused CPU time to other VMs,
if you don't have a cap configured, it does not necessarily follow
weight percentage allocation exactly.

You might find this research paper helpful:
http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/~dgupta/papers/per07-3sched-xen.pdf